Monday, June 11, 2007

Thoughts on a cigarette

As I was waiting for…well, pretty much anything to happen on this Sunday afternoon, I decided to hang out at one of the verandas at SM Baguio to have a cigarette. I really just wanted to hang out and chill out as I spend my remaining hours in Baguio. It sucks that I'll have to leave what, in comparison to Manila, is pure heaven. (Debatable? I'll talk about that soon.) Sure I'll be coming back, but given my totally messed-up schedule for the first semester, I just have no idea as to how often coming home will be possible.

Anyway, as I was having this one lovely stick of Marlboro Lights at the Cottage GI's veranda in SM, I just found myself being bombarded by these seemingly random thoughts of a purely unknown origin. Step inside my head, as it was on June 10, 2007, 4:45 P.M.:

You're alone. But that's okay, you're still hot.

Wow...(me looking below the veranda). There are so many cars parked in that area and that's not even supposed to be a parking lot. Talk about A LOT of cars. Well, duh, I mean those must be tourist-owned cars. Man I really hate tourists. I know they like bring money and whatever economic improvements, but come on, in the long run, Baguio's going to pay big time for all these tourist-catering structures.

Hey I remember that thing (looking over at this circular structure fenced by galvanized iron just across SM). I think we used to go there as kids…oh yeah, we definitely did. I mean the old Pines Hotel pool was just right there, then there are like rocks...and hmm...I don't remember that (notices a little concrete opening right in front of a tree). It looks like a man-made cave. Talk about fertile place for ghosts to live in…creepy! But then, Baguio's known for that.

(Gets annoyed by some sudden noise) What are Koreans even doing here? They're everywhere! It's like some Bubonic plague...I don't like them here. Just as I don't like the tourists...I wonder why Koreans smell so bad.

I wonder what I should do next. I should probably got sit somewhere. Should I even try calling anyone who might meet up? Aims is with her family...Aliah's on her way to Thailand...Maika hasn't informed me as to her whereabouts just yet...Dani's got to rest...Aggy's got something to take care of...and everyone else is just too boring. Haha. Hey, those are my friends. Anyway, they're in Manila now.

And in a few hours, I shall be too.

That sucks.

Nurses are everywhere! Oh yeah, they just had their exam. Oh no, I didn't even wish my nurse friends luck. I'm sure they'll pass it anyway, I mean we're a smart bunch of people...haha. It's kinda odd though that I've been sending them all these funny or mushy or just absolutely meaningless messages that you forward, thanks to the unlimited promo, but then, I forget to tell them what they really need to hear.

This cigarette is taking too long to smoke. I've got to be done with this before someone at Cottage GI's even dares come up to me. Haha. Asshole. I'm here, cigarette on one hand, and clutch bag and umbrella on the other. What a real delightful treat.
Maybe I should just go sit at some cafe. Or maybe not. Waitresses are probably starting to get annoyed by the fact that I just go their cafes to sit and wait for someone. Besides, standing is okay I guess.

Would you look at those shoes (stares down at own brown, leather shoes)... You know one way to tell that a person is from Baguio? If the shoes got some mud on them! Haha! After all, only people from Baguio tread places where concrete is unknown. Hmm…that's one way to tell if a person's from Baguio. I'm sure there are other ways to tell how, but those are usually the meaner ways. Like considering the prevailing discriminatory but totally ignorant attitude of some people who aren’t from here and think that….well, they live in hell, so whatever.

I've got to go buy that player, then go download music.

Makes me that much wiser, thanks for making me a fight-e-er! Haha! Love that song.

Last puff. The cigarette's almost burned out.

Killed it.

Dying.

Dying.

Dead.

No comments: